Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boxes Boxes Boxes

I wish I had pictures but the camera is put away in a bag, in a bag in a backpack.  I'll post some soon. I haven't posted in awhile because we've had a busy few weeks. We were in Budapest and Rome and my parents were visiting. My parents were able to make another trip to visit and were so helpful as we packed boxes and needed to keep the boys entertained.  Will needed someone to tire him out and my dad accomplished this and Jack needed a bit of attention as he wants to climb and try to walk everywhere.  Jack can use his walker to get around well and he easily walks around furniture.  He will even free stand for the count of 10.  He'll be an independent walker sooner rather than later.

Today we moved out of our flat and it was bitter sweet.  We enjoyed living here and the last year went so quickly. Before we know it we won't be ex-pats anymore.  Will was nervous as his toys were boxed, but he knows he is moving to Milwaukee soon. I think the concept is foreign to him but at least he can say the word.  The boys also enjoyed playing on the boxes and climbing and the movers were very patient with them.  It will be nice when we are unpacked and settled again.  Who knows what normal will be like or when we will really reach it again.

The movers were exceptional and had our flat boxed up in only 5 hours.  They also had the container loaded in 2 hours and I think were surprised we didn't have more stuff because the container was HUGE and much too large for our needs.  Now we wait as our things will reach the US in 6-8 weeks!

It was also nice that once we got everything boxed up we get to spend a night at Anna and Martin's and then off for a holiday to South Africa to celebrate the wedding of Melikaya and Bule!  Chad is the best man in the wedding and hasn't had much time to think about his speech.  Maybe on the 12 hour flight.

Moving from the Flat

No comments: